<VV> Re: FC Dash Speaker Fit - follow up

Steven steven at sashimi.org
Mon Sep 17 19:51:02 EDT 2007

Follow up to my posts last month on this subject:

I ordered one of the dual tweeter 6 x 9 speakers for the dash of my '62
Rampside, as pictured here: http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/aa/f4/2151_1.JPG
Shipping did take a while from this seller but it is a vast sonic
improvement from the radioshack 6x9 dual cone speaker that I replaced.  This
speaker fit perfectly after cutting the hole in the mounting bracket to fit
the bigger magnet.  It connects with both the left and right speaker leads
from a stereo radio.
I figured the 6x9 "woofer" would provide better bass than the small twin 3"
speakers I've seen for the dash speaker opening.   I've only had it
installed a few days but I like it.  Seems like a good solution if you want
to have reproduction of both the left and right stereo channels without
adding speakers in other locations.

Steve Brown
'62 Rampside
Media, PA