<VV> Disappearing Corvair History

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 11:51:15 EDT 2007

Smitty says:  This weekend Bill Hubbell and I and our wives made a trip to a State park in Western VA.  A part of that trip was to visit an old salvage yard where more cars had trees growing through them than not.  We were going to take pictures of trim plates and VINs to farther Bills archives on changes to Vairs and when they occurred.  I had been there before and collected some oil filters to add to the CPF oil filter collection.  When we got there we were informed that we were only days late from doing what we came for.  The owner had contracted a scrap company to come in and clear out a lot of stuff, which included every Corvair on the premises.  Well, one lonely Convert was there.  Too deep into the woods for the scrap dealer to get to,  Somebody had removed the VIN and trim tags.