<VV> Looking for wheel rims

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Sep 18 14:31:58 EDT 2007

The FC wheel are unique to the Corvair Forward Control vehicles.
Chevy's specs are: Type- short spoke, disk; Attachment-5 stud,
7/16-20; Offset - 0.560 inches; Rim size-14x5jmod.  All other rims of
this design that you are likely to find are 14x5jj. The special
offset, depressed center of the rim allows clearance for the upper
ball joint and knuckle.  Your best bet for the correct wheel is a
Corvair used parts dealer (Corvair Ranch or California Corvairs) Any
15x5 or 15x6 wheel will fit on the FC's because of the larger diameter.
Jim Davis