<VV> RE: flywheel selection

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 16:38:39 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/19/2007 1:11:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nicolcs at aol.com writes:

Riveted  - proven to fail (non-destructive rattle)
Solid - said to vibrate and  likely to damage (crack) crankshaft
Bolted - proven to be long lasting and  trouble free.

You pick ;-)
Craig Nicol

One note - I believe Dave Palmer is riveting flywheels with different  rivets
(Hot Rivets?) and those seem to work and last well. Supposedly, the most
important thing about re-attaching the flywheel parts - whether bolted or
riveted, is alignment and limiting of runout. I recall DALE mfg labels their
re-riveted wheels with the amount of runout. Just one more thing I won't be  trying
at home! - Seth Emerson