<VV> RE: flywheel selection

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:55:39 EDT 2007

Hummm, I've also got a solid flywheel in my 65 140hp red Convertible, installed by PO.  I drive it all the time (4 days this week, 24 miles one way) and never noticed this noise.  It must be the 3.27 transaxle - I never get it over 3k rpm - hums along the interstate with traffic about 2500-2700.  (This must be about 70 but the speedo shows 80-90).  I don't drive like a maniac... unless it's an autocross or time trial!

Thanks Ken, maybe I'll try it in 2nd/3rd today and see.  If it disintegrates near work, I can blame you, right?  LOLBarry (It ain't broke so don't fix it) in SC2 lates, 2 earlies> ************> Hi, I put a Clarkes solid in my 66 180 4sp ... it has a very loud " thrum"> at around 3500 rpm, which for a street car is a bad resonance area ( 60-70> mph ) .... Small Cars ( Mike Dawson ) in Kansas City played with this a bit> and reported that it was indeed very likely the solid flywheel that caused> it. Especially since there seems to be a GM paper on the problem (g).>