<VV> RE: flywheel selection

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Thu Sep 20 08:06:08 EDT 2007

> In a message dated 9/19/2007 1:11:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> nicolcs at aol.com writes:
>
> Riveted  - proven to fail (non-destructive rattle)
> Solid - said to vibrate and  likely to damage (crack) crankshaft
> Bolted - proven to be long lasting and  trouble free.

You forgot one option - a NEW flywheel!

Years ago I was in there and for some reason needed a different
flywheel. I couldn't find a Dale bolted one, they were all out of them,
but Clark's had a new GM flywheel. It's been in the car all this time
and worked fine. When it fails, I'll get a Dale bolted one.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
President, CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC