<VV> Early Firebird (No Corvair)

Les corvair at mts.net
Sun Sep 23 22:20:19 EDT 2007

I used to own an unusually equipped '67 Firebird Sprint convertible.

4-barrel OHC-6, Powerglide with column shift (Pontiac called it Turboglide, electric downshift switch), power top, buckets with no console, power windows, tilt steering, standard plain door panels.

Bought it as a trashed beater in '80, sold it as a pretty nice car in '85.

I *really* would like an OHC-6 Sprint with 4-spd...

The Firebird was my first exposure to Corvairs... I parked somewhere, and when I came out there was a car parked next to mine I at first thought was an early Camaro. But the interior and especially dash was much prettier! Couldn't find any emblems other than some "C" logos.

Years later I saw a pic of a Corsa and realized that's what had been parked next to my Bird. It was all downhill from there....

Les
corvair at mts.net

Message: 11