<VV> RE: Engine mods for a period look questions / Chrome Bonnet f ilters

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Sep 24 07:02:49 EDT 2007

>Our flow bench showed us those were junk....and many times just changing
>filter designs gave us the HP  we had promised the customer..

The 'bonnet' air filters definite lost the 'ram-air' effect of the long stock air cleaners
and also picked up somewhat hotter air for further performance loss.

Ken Pepke
First Corvair: 63 convertible 102hp W/powerglide purchased from my local Chevy
dealer as a low mile used car in the spring of 1964.  It broke a rod around 140,000
so I replaced the rod and piston and used that car for many more years.