<VV> Early Firebird (No Corvair)

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 20:59:22 EDT 2007

I think the OHC 6 block is missing all the lifter stuff, and as such, the
top deck is narrower than the pushrod engine.
Here's an article that says as much.

 _Hemmings  Motor News: The Pontiac Overhead-Cam Six_
(http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/2007/01/01/hmn_feature25.html)

Although based on the Chevy 6, the block was specific to the Pontiac OHC 6.

In a message dated 9/24/2007 7:32:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Scotty