Dustbuster proof was: <VV> converting a 2nd gen <no Corvair>

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 24 23:27:02 EDT 2007

Okay Mark, my turn to stir the pot!!  I couldn't resist.  I overlaid a
picture of a Black & Decker Dustbuster and a Pontiac TransPort.  The
contours are strikingly similar.  First time I saw one I remember clearly
thinking it looked like the vac.  That has to be the longest nose ever put
on a minivan!!  Anyway, enjoy!!  It is the first gen that looks the most
like a dustbuster so you have an out..... :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/1435411221/

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!

Mark said:

>It may be just me, but having owned a '95 TransSport since new, the term
>"dustbuster" really grates against me.>snip< The lines aren't
EVEN close.>

Frank said:
> From: <FrankCB at aol.com>
> Subject: Re: <VV> converting a 2nd gen corvair to 3.8 buick engine
>
> Scotty,
>     The 3.8 Buick engine is a V6 and fairly recent  vintage.  It was used
in
> the Turbo Buicks and I have a later version in my  1995 Pontiac Trans
Sport