<VV> Oil Stuff

corvair6t5 at aol.com corvair6t5 at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 16:10:03 EDT 2007

Just wanted to pass along some info one of my brother's shared with me a couple weeks ago on this issue. My apologies if this web site has been posted, but here's some info from some guys with Porsches that discusses this issue. It's full of some good info as well as a slew of virgin oil analysis, including oils from this year, so it's somewhat current info:
http://www.lnengineering.com/oil.html

As far as my yearly change starting next Spring, I'll be dumping 5 quarts of Mobil 1 15w-50 and a bottle of STP 4cylinder oil treatment (red bottle), which (according to my brother who's an engineer at Eli Lilly, so I'll take his word for it!) will add about 200-300ppm of ZDDP to 5 quarts of oil. And based on the VOA done on the M-1 15w-50 (non-Extended Performance) done this year, that should put things pretty close to "magical" 1200ppm of ZDDP.

The red bottled STP is nearly impossible to find on any store shelf, but I picked up some through Autobarn.com:
http://www.autobarn.net/chst-1017-12.html

Another good forum for good motor earl info is: http://bobistheoilguy.com

Regards,

Pat Bremer