<VV> Oh, the embarrassment...

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Sep 26 20:21:25 EDT 2007

Not a long term problem.

I can make you two keys from your lock code (cheap advertising plug).

To get lock code, remove door panel, reach in with channel lock pliers,
vise grips etc, and pull out u shaped retainer from lock cylinder. Read
code (4 digit) stamped on side. Replace lock cylinder.

Other option:

Try every gm B-10 or B-11( round head) key you and all the club members
have in the ignition lock cylinder. If one turns it, put paper clip in
little hole and turn lock CCW (past lock). The cylinder will pop out in
your hand. Read code. Sometimes ignitions are worn enough to allow non
correct keys to work. Jiggling is required.

Do not let anyone drill out a lock. You can even get into the trunk by
removing the headlamp bucket.

Frank DuVal