<VV> The Corvair Decade

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 00:36:09 EDT 2007

Cliff,

As one of the CORSA directors that voted for this e-bay auction, let me
share my view on this matter.

CORSA was contacted by interested collectors about obtaining some of the
"special" books. These were the Corvair specific numbers, 95, 110, 140,164 etc.
We felt that if there was an special interest in these books that CORSA should
 be the first one to profit from their sale. The 20 signed copies also fall
into  this category.

So how can we, CORSA, do that? We discussed several options including
selling them at the convention. It was felt that some advertisement/promotion  time
was needed to insure all interested parties could participate. Is e-bay the
perfect way to accomplish this? Obviously not. However, short of using an
actual  auction house, it's not a bad choice.

Personally, I'm with you in that the number of the book is not all that
important to me, the content is the heart of the matter. You can rest assured
that the remaining copies will be sold through 'normal' CORSA channels.

Ned Madsen
CORSA Central Director