<VV> Corvair Decade

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Thu Sep 27 18:24:20 EDT 2007

The "Corvair Decade" (hardback) is currently available from CORSA for $45
which includes shipping.  Contact Harry Jensen or Jerry Brown to order a
copy.   You do not need to bid on numbers 1-20.    the Board just thought
those would be a good fund-raiser.

The eBay auction is a convenient means to make 1-20 available to the most
members, whether could attend a convention or not.  It also makes them
available to non-members -- It is a fund raiser,  the more bidding the
better in that respect.  Anybody and everybody is  able to bid.  For those
who do not have a ID or just refuse to use ebay,  Contact another member, or
friend,  or the Merchandise Chair (jerry Brown) or   and have a bid placed
on your behalf.   Keep in mind,  these are ALL VOLUNTEERS.  DO NOT expect
them to place a bid 2 seconds before it closes.  bid early; especially if
you want a specific number like #1 or #7.   Regardless of how we decided to
sell these signed books,  someone would complain

<sigh>

CORSA has been the publisher of the "Corvair Decade"  from the first to the
most recent edition and have worked with Tony Fiore every step of the way.
The current printing was available for the 2005 convention - 2 years.  The
board had decided before the last printing pull the first 20 to be signed
and sold at a later time.

Selling merchandise helps keep another dues increase at bay.  Anything that
contributes to the many fixed costs of running a club is beneficial.   These
costs do not go away -- renting a room for a meeting is the same for 10
people as 40.  If I can spread it across 40 people, dues are less -- If
everyone would recruit a new member or two once every 2 or 3 years,  we
wouldn't need to find alternate sources of revenue.   the fixed costs are
fixed -- insurance is the same.

tim mahler
president CORSA/CPF