<VV> Early Batteries Again

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 19:56:29 EDT 2007

No, Wal-Mart never ( well, around here they haven't been around since
the 60s) carried a group 53 battery.

It is the group 51 that they carry (or did). This battery fits some
Honda models and others. Some say a 51R is needed. Just look at the
battery and make sure the posts are in the right place. Check clearance
from the positive post to the engine prop with the lid closed. Modeling
clay or similar will give you an idea of how close it is. You don't want
the battery shorting out on the prop while driving on a bumpy road.
Another good reason for the hold down hardware.

I've been getting mine from Costco.

Frank DuVal