<VV> Points plate recommendation

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 21:30:40 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/29/2007 1:31:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
AeroNed at aol.com writes:

A fellow  club member's car has a bad points plate. We were wondering if the

points plate is common to other GM six cylinder cars (ie available at  a
FLAPS)?

Thanks,
Ned

No - It was a GM only part - and long gone out of the inventory. There was
an improved version for the early Vega - It, too, has bit the dust. The only
point plates I can recommend are the modified ones from DALE in Oregon. They
might be sold by the regular vendors. He adds a bushing where the vacuum
advance  plate rotates and a ground strap in the appropriate place.

See: _http://www.dalemfg.com/dale_012.htm_
(http://www.dalemfg.com/dale_012.htm)

- Seth