<VV> Gas filler neck

monza67 at aol.com monza67 at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 16:37:31 EDT 2007

I use a flexible extension on a 1/4" drive?rachet to loosen/tighten the hose clamps on the vent line and filler neck line. I've changed out the hoses on a couple of late model Corvairs sucessfully using this? 6-8" long flexible extension..one was the morning that we were leaving for the Detroit convention. I filled the tank in preparation of the trip and planned on leaving for Detroit a couple hours later. Well, the filler neck hose decided to let loose at the gas station...I wasn't in any mood to change it, but using the flexible extension I was able to change it out in about 45 minutes and be on my way at my normally planned time. By the way, if you don't have the proper size hose handy, like I didn't, I found that a radiator hose will work in a pinch. Not sure the radiator hose would be a good long term solution, but in a pinch it will work for awhile.

Chuck Prosise