<VV> Oil... Put the ZDDP Back In

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 02:00:49 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/29/2007 3:31:24 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

Has  anyone else been doing similar research on ZDDP-containing   products?

Mike Mauro

Hi Mike,
How much ZDDP are you wanting to have in your oils? Or is it like the old
saying...if a little is good, more is better and too much is just right?
Frankly, the amount required for our Corvairs has never been determined. How  much
do you want? How much ZDDP do you think was in the oils available in the
1960s? Corvairs ran pretty good back then. You can still get Shell Rotella T
(CJ-4) which has 0.12%. That's as much as was in the early 1990s SH oil. Isn't
that enough? Why are you so concerned with getting more ZDDP? The API had  GM run
tests on engines with sliding lifters when they approved GF-4 oils. Isn't
that some evidence that current oils work pretty good in our Corvairs?
Regards,
Bob Helt