<VV> Flying Corvair

Gramps wizardhal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:59:14 EDT 2008

Actually, that photo was posted on VV about 1998 and was intended as a
"Corvairs in Print" type posting, not as an April Fool hoax.

It touched off a long VV thread which included claims that the
Corvair/Airplane had been exported to Europe and that it still existed and
was FOR SALE! VV readers were volunteering to go to Europe to inspect it
while others began to solicit funds to buy it  and tranport it back to the
USA.

The thread went on for a couple weeks as I recall before it unraveled.
Seeing how many now-angry VVers had bought the tale "hook, line, and
sinker", the accidental originator of the Flying Corvair hoax changed his
email address and today lives on in peaceful obscurity.

--
Gramps