<VV> clannish....

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 1 18:54:20 EDT 2008

I've been trying to stay away from this, but can't keep silent any longer.

Look WITHIN the group and note that "newbies" don't always get a warm
welcome from the "oldbies".

I recall leaving my first convention early - along with another guy.  We
felt like outsiders.

Later, I went back (different convention) and eventually became more
comfortable as I met more folks.  The other guy did not.  He still has a
Corvair but does not attend any of the functions.

All that I'm really trying to say is that we need (as individuals and as a
group) to find ways to be more friendly within the Corvair community as well
as with the owners of other marks.

Off soapbox now.

Later, JR