<VV> Anyone running 3.27 gears w/95hp PG?

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 01:50:51 EDT 2008

Is there anyone out there running a 95hp PG with 3.27 gears? If so, I'd like to know your experience with this combination. I'm thinking about swapping out my current 3.55 to lower RPM on the highway. I'm wondering if I would notice much power loss around town, or if the difference would even be noticeable (I live in OK, so it's pretty flat). Years ago, I switched a 63 102hp PG to 3.27, but that car was a slug to begin with--the 95hp has a much better low end. Also, I never really compared the before and after gas mileage on the first car. Right now, my 95hp car gets about 22-23 mpg on average. Could I expect 25-26 mpg on the highway with a 3.27?
David