<VV> Anyone running 3.27 gears w/95hp PG?

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Apr 3 07:01:14 EDT 2008

Being the current owner of a similar VW Westy with a 110/PG/3.55 I
absolutely agree with Seth. There is no case where I'd rather have a
3.27 (the VW doesn't really like cruising more than 65-70 anyway) and
often the case where I'd prefer a 3.89.

The only reason I haven't gone to a 3.89 is the ability to run 55mph in
1st gear with the 3.55 (taller tires on the VW and using a 140
governor)... so no matter how steep the terrain I can usually maintain a
reasonable speed by dropping into Low. A 3.89 might get me off the line
quicker but would have me lugging the engine in 2nd at the same 55mph.

Bill