<VV> Communique

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Apr 3 07:09:53 EDT 2008

Keith Hammett said [in part]

it only takes me 2 ½ hours to get to Jefferson City, but took the April issue 8
days (Received on 4/1)!  Glad I don't live
in Jefferson City it might show up sometime next year at this rate.  Just to make clear
to some I am not blaming CORSA for the delay, just the USPS.

Willard, Mo
To all:

USPS really should not have to take the heat on this issue.  First, consider the tons of
paper they handle daily and how relatively infrequently they fail to deliver the first class
mail within one to three days ... anywhere in the country.

The USPS offers deep rate discounts for three digit bulk mailings.  It is only reasonable
to expect less than first class service at the lower price.  The USPS must maintain the
quality of materials handled at the discount rate so they have to make compromises on
speed.  The delays are minimal for regional bulk delivery but they can understandably
become lengthy for a national mailing ... Instead of looking for someone / something to
blame we should all be happy that CORSA, with all it's financial problems, can get this
lower rate service which makes it possible to mail the Communique ...even if it takes a
lot of extra time for it to get to our mail boxes.

Ken Pepke