<VV> Anyone running 3.27 gears w/95hp PG?

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Apr 3 10:09:14 EDT 2008

Most folks with VW engines in Westies seem to get mid-teens on the
highway at 50-55mph (though some claim much higher numbers); my
110/PG/3.55 Westy got 19 mpg overall in mixed use (completely loaded
down with extra fuel, tool, parts, tow bar, rooftop AC, microwave, full
camping gear, etc) on the wife's 10,000 mile trip and does slightly
better than that on the highway at 60-65mpg in "non-safari" loadings... ;-)

Bill