<VV> Communique

Corvkid50 at aol.com Corvkid50 at aol.com
Thu Apr 3 13:11:31 EDT 2008

I can add to this, I think mechanical fuel pumps look better and  are lot
quieter than those noisy electrics.  < insert laugh here  >
Ron T
P.S. On the matter of on-line versions of the Communique  magazine. The same
people that would share the on-line version are probably  scanning the thing
now and sharing it already. Let worry about attracting more  and younger
members and that would solve the shortage of  money.  There's an old saying that is
"attraction rather than  promotion." Personally I the my Corvair to local car
shows and that's about it.  I do not autocross, YET, or attend any other Corsa
function. I did attend my  first National convention in Detroit and plan on
making it to Ventura.  I feel the only benefit I and using is the monthly
magazine. Is it worth  the yearly dues? I don't feel it is. But I know it's the
right thing to do.  We do need CORSA around but we need to start attracting
members more than  promoting it. We need to have something they want.  Strong
arming them into  joining will only be the failure of the organization.  The last 2
Corvair  clubs I've belonged to we had to search for Corsa members to be
recognized by  Corsa as a chapter. That says something. I am a CORSA member and
will continue  to pay my dues. I just hope the good ole boys see that we need
some big changes  and soon. AND no I' not running for office, just voicing my
opinion. I wish I  had the answer but I don't. But I think that we need more
input on what changes  the membership wants to see.
FLAME ON, This Norwegian Has Broad Shoulders.
Ron T