<VV> 3.27 Diff. on FCs (was Anyone running 3.27 gears w/95hp PG?)

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Thu Apr 3 17:56:07 EDT 2008

   I have this combo in my 62 Rampside since 2 years ago when the 3.55 diff. went South. The 3.55 was coupled to a 4 sp. with 3.65 (1st). I got a 61 FC 4 sp. box (4.26 1st) at hand so, I coupled it to a 3.27 diff.
   The original overall ratio was 12.96 (3.55 x 3.65,on 1st), the current is 13.93 which is better at starting and works fine on flat roads. On hill climbing I miss the narrower spacing between gears of the original combo.
   IMHO it works better for flat roads and medium loading.

Daniel

<<How about a 3:27 in a 110 PG Greenbrier? I've got that combo in my 67  coupe,
but a little "scared" to try it in the Greenbrier. In the coupe I fudged  a
little with a torque converter with slightly higher than stock stall speed...
works well, but a van? Anyone tried it?
Mike Mauro>>