<VV> Washable air filters conclusions

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:52:38 EDT 2008

If you are not in a hurry, you can use standard motor oil  or transmission
fluid on that type of filter. You put a line of oil only on the peaks of the
filter using an old dishwashing liquid bottle (or something similar, I use a
real oil pump can - if you use the soap bottle, make sure there's no soap in
it before you add the oil), then you wait for the capillary action of the
paper to spread it to the rest of the filter. Takes a couple of hours for
the oil to completely cover the filter if you put the right amount on. If
you put too much on, it will choke the engine.

Lonny