<VV> 3.89 to 3.55 conversion in an FC

Richard Gebhardt rgebhardt at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 3 23:07:46 EDT 2008

I had an FC with a 3.89. Switched to a 3.55. The other guys I caravanned with were leaving me behind. I was turning about 4000 plus RPM and getting left behind. Switched to the 3.55 and solved the problem with no loss of drivability. Must mention that this was 4-speed.

Another subject. I have a 64-65 4-speed transmission that appears new. It came in a wooden
and has the part no(3864461) stenciled in yellow on the tranny along with the letters, ZC. Any
ideas as the meaning of the ZC.

Thanks

Richard
CORSA, NTCA, MCCC