<VV> 3.08 gear experiences

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 4 14:43:37 EDT 2008

Another benefit that nobody has mentioned with 3:08's is that the higher
ratio in the diff makes third gear a really functional passing gear.  With
3:55's using third on the highway for a quick sprint takes the tach into the
danger zone.  With the 3:08's third will take you screaming to ninety mph in
a heartbeat.  Especially with a turbo.  I don't have the benefit of the
early trans so first gear is a bit doggy, but a turbo vair was never a
stoplight racer.
Jim B.  '66 Turbovert, cruisin' with 3:08's

*SNIP*