<VV> Cancer fundraising plea

David McMillan dmac632000 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 09:12:24 EDT 2008

Dear Corvair Friends,

For the past five years I have sponsored my friend Paul as he rode in a charity bike ride known as the Pan Massachusetts Challenge (PMC). The PMC is the single largest contributor to the Jimmy Fund at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Since 1980 over $200 million went directly towards funding research in finding a cure.

Most of us give money to many charities. I like this particular one because 100% of the money donated by sponsors goes directly to the cause of beating cancer either through caring for patients or through research. Cancer touches us all in some form or other. My father is a prostate cancer survivor. I’ve lost two uncles to cancer. One of my best friends and co-workers is in the midst of battling cancer for the second time. I KNOW you probably have someone's struggle (if not your own!) weighing on your heart too.

This year I have decided to take up the Challenge myself and ride in the PMC. For MY Challenge, I will pedal my bike 192 miles on the first weekend of August. I will leave Sturbridge, MA at 6:00 am Saturday morning and ride 111 miles to Bourne, where I'll spend the night in the Mass Maritime dormitories. Sunday morning I will ride the remaining 81 miles to Provincetown.

My Challenge for YOU is to support me in this fundraising venture. In order to participate, I must raise at LEAST four thousand dollars by August. Folks in my Chapter have really stepped up in support of me in this, I'm hoping the rest of my Corvair family can help out as well.

My friends and family have taken on this challenge and we trust that you want to be a part of the cure as much as we do. I will do the hard work by training for and riding that weekend in August. All I need from you is a check. Consider donating the cost of a nice dinner out. Such a small price to pay! If you can dedicate twenty-five or fifty dollars to helping find a cure, you will be in good company, but ANY donation will be appreciated.

Your tax-deductible check can be made payable to "PMC". You can mail them to me at my home address:
David McMillan-PMC
33 Woodhaven Blvd.
North Providence, RI 02911

Or you can go to the PMC website to get more information and then e-pay at:

http://www.pmc.org/egifts/giftinfo.asp?EgiftID=DM0279

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you so much for your help.

Dave McMillan