<VV> Newbie on Powerglides

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sun Apr 6 17:31:59 EDT 2008

Hi guys,
    Have been on Corvairworld since 1968 but, all time with manual transmissions till a year ago when got a 64 GB with PG. I drove it by about 2 weeks (most city driving), before putting it on Group Red for restoring, and it worked and shifted well. By that time I changed oil twice as insurance (it has been parked some 23 years), no visible leaks, no bad oil smelling, all looks good.
    As I plan to make it my daily driver (mostly for long trips), have some concerns: What should I change/make to the PG in order to not have bad surprises while far from home ?... seals ?... pressure checkings ?
    Only things I've done to it was low band readjustment and, twice a week (when running the engine for some 20 minutes), oil level checking and temperature measurement on case and oil pan (145 F deg. max.).

    Any advise on what to do as preventive maintenance will be appreciated.

    Daniel Monasterio