<VV> external oil cooler

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 12:21:00 EDT 2008

Bruce,  That's what I get for not proofing my email.  You are  correct--those
were the head temps.  The 10W-30 and 20W-50 oils got over  230-260
respectively if memory serves on 90+ autocross days and the 30 and 40  weight dino oil
(Castrol and Quaker State Racing oil back in the mid '70's were  a little
cooler (20 degrees or so)if I remember correctly.  But my original  point was that
if all shrouding, seals are intact and the oil cooler, cylinders  etc.are
clear then only a competition engine or an engine run hard should  need an
additional external oil cooler.  I will be putting a  12 plate oil cooler on my
Greenbrier this spring, and I hope to add  cylinder head temp, oil temp and volt
meter guages to the Brier as well.

Bob Hall