<VV> external oil cooler - overheating

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 7 12:53:57 EDT 2008

BobHelt at aol.com wrote:

> Excuse me, but I thought only the turbos got the buzzers. Did your 140
> Corsa actually have a buzzer?

Excuse me, Bob, but isn't that what I said, " ... that danged buzzer
quit going off"? IIRC, it was a '66, and I didn't know about the buzzer
until it happened, but after it started going off on the uphill climbs
and quit when I backed off a bit, it was pretty easy to figure out.  I
did not own the car when it was new, so I can't answer some of your
questions, but when I got it in the early seventies, it was a 140. I
don't recall any evidence that it had ever been a turbo car (emblems,
fuel return, sheet metal), but I suppose it could have been swapped.  If
I had it to do over, I'd still have that car, but I do still have the
remains of the engine -- the chassis is long gone, however.

Bill Strickland