<VV> Fan belt throwing

Kenneth N. Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Wed Apr 9 09:04:27 EDT 2008

The only fan belt I ever threw was almost immediately after a Corvair
"expert" set the belt very tight.  He claimed it was the "right" way.  I
acceded to his claim of superior knowledge.

I put a new belt on and set it the way I always do, with just enough slack
to be able to turn the alternator by hand with moderate effort.  It's not
too loose if the alternator keeps on charging.

YMMV,

Ken