<VV> An American Revolution!

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 9 09:58:02 EDT 2008

You know that something that is "new and improved" is neither.

One thing that drives me crazy is the idea of the "three extra swipes" you
get after you let off the windshield washer button. I had a bad experience
with that "feature" during one of those slushy days driving home from work.
Every passing car threw up a rooster tail of salty slush onto the
windshield. Turning on the wipers cleared it off, but then left a foggy
salt blur on the windshield. So you had to hit the wash button. That
cleared it off, BUT as soon as you let off the button, the "three extra
swipe" wipers drug the salty mess back over the windshield. If only the
wipers would have STOPPED as soon as the washer button was released, the
windshield would have remained clear. I emptied the entire washer bottle
during the 16 mile trip home, simply because I couldn't stop the wipers
from blurring the windshield with salty water residue. Hey, I'm no idiot. I
KNOW if the car needs those "three extra swipes" or not. This is called
"trying to outthink the customer" which in this incident proved to be the
WRONG thing to do.

I also am smarter than some of the morons on the road who surprisingly NEED
the headlights to come on automatically, because they can't tell that it's
dark outside. A good idea, on someone elses's car. As for me, thank you,
but no thank you. (Note that this "feature" prevents you from dipping your
lights at another car, should the circumstances require it for whatever
reason. And NO, flashing the brights at them doesn't convey the same
meaning, in practice.)

I hate engineers who think they have to outthink the customer. Make such
idiot-proof ideas an option, please....... :o(

-Mark