<VV> Fire and ICE Marshalltown Track

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Apr 9 23:55:23 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <monza67 at aol.com>
Subject: <VV> Fire and ICE Marshalltown Track

> Bad News for all of us that go to Fire and ICE and love that little
Marshalltown go kart track.? I just got confirmation that the IA
International Raceway Go Kart Track in Marshalltown, Iowa, has been
repossessed and is for sale.> Chuck Prosise
************
Just to give some hope us Iowa'ns in the liferaft after hitting the iceberg
....  re: aiming big and maybe running at Iowa International ( Newton ...
Rusty Wallace etc. etc.  ) .... back in the 70's our national model car
racer organization approached the Indy 500 VIP Club ... and they gave us a
welcome that we never expected ... would you believe full sponsorship for
our toy cars, including each racer was invited to the Mayor's Breakfast, we
had our own Presentation of the Indy 500's Queen candidates ( my favorite
side benefit ), and the Indy 500 Club set up a Hospitality Mobil Home at our
track.  We also one year actually ran ( toy cars ) in the pit area of the
main track ... oh, and was paid a visit by Ronald Reagan campaigning ...all
this because on our part we drew about 150 entries and all their families,
pit crews, etc for about a week before the toy car race.
Maybe we could also run our gas mileage contest, a ralleye, or most of it,
on track, and maybe our concourse ... organizers like lots of  folderal and
glitter .
        Hey, if we make tv or something, Maybe that Green Party guy might
show up ...

            Like little johnny always says , it doesn't hurt to ask.