<VV> Corvairs and Their Lack of Appeal

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 10 15:47:49 EDT 2008

That's the problem. The majority don't actually care about good handling.
All they know is to put their foot on the floor and aim straight down the
road. Which is why drag racing is the most common sport with the
muscle/pony car set. And back in those days, that's all most cars could do
well. I've always teased my drag racing friends about the only skill needed
was a "calabrated brick", whereas road racing was where the REAL car
drivers were.

But as an old-time Corvair guy used to say, if he can beat them to the
first corner, he'll put them in his rear view mirror. I myself have blown
off any number of Boss Mustangs, Z-28 Camaros, etc. that same way. If all
such tales were told, we could write a book, a very thick book. LOL

-Mark