<VV> Corvair and their lack of appeal

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Fri Apr 11 06:59:27 EDT 2008

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If dad had not said no there would not be so many muscle cars, or guys
to buy them, around today :-[
They should probably be saying 'Thanks, Dad.'

My Dad knew better!  A family friend had a 65 140 Corsa.another friend had a
Porsche 912 that Pop was kinda envious of.  He drove both, and when the
local dealer had a 67 140 Monza for sale that I was looking at (the Monza
was brand-spankin' new in 1969.still sitting on the lot unsellable.they
wanted $600, and took 5!...another buddy bought it)..Pop's unprintable
response was on the order of "No Effing Way!"..You'll be in jail in a
month!"..he was probably right, so I went for another 3 years saddled with
my 1960 Falcon.  It took me 35 years to get my "Dream Car"!

John