<VV> Muscle car and driver survival

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 13:59:45 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/11/2008 3:40:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kenpepke at juno.com writes:

>To  paraphrase Willy G. Davidson, "Guys are getting older and buying  the
>(cars) their Fathers wouldn't let them!".  THAT'S what feeding  the Muscle
>Car frenzy.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If dad had  not said no there would not be so many muscle cars, or guys
to buy them,  around today :-[
They should probably be saying 'Thanks, Dad.'

Ken  P

In 1967, I had just blown (as in exploded) the clutch in my third 55 Chevy.
With no brakes (single-master, cut line), I also yanked a fire hydrant out of
the ground with the right-front wheel/wheelwell. My folks proposed that I NOT
 buy another 55 Chevy, and that they would co-sign for a loan on a newer car.
 (Thanks, Dad, indeed!) I strolled down (slowly, after my right foot healed)
to  my local Chevy Dealer's "Okay Used Car" lot, looking for a car, by that I
mean a  Chevy. Right in front was a Maroon 66 Corvette Roadster (8K miles)
427, 4-speed,  two tops! I convinced the salesman to let me take him for a test
drive. Heh,  heh. After a couple of quick runs through the gears on a close-by
expressway, I returned the car to it's parking spot. It would only have  been
a matter of time until I would have stuffed that car (and me) into  something
unyielding, if I could have paid for the insurance. Next to it on the  lot,
was a yellow 65 Corsa 140 Convertible w/ 22K miles - that car  became my first
Corvair. - Seth  Emerson