<VV> Taladega Duo

Louis Armer carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 12 23:25:23 EDT 2008

Hi everyone, I have just returned from a delightful Corvair day in
beautiful downtown Taladega. The Alabama SCCA
group put on a Driver's school today and yesterday as well as timed
runs at Taladega GP Raceway. This neat little
road course was originally set up for motorcycles and gokarts but has
morphed into a first class track for cars as well.
www.tgprace.com/
I spent the afternoon with Dan Giannotti and Rick Norris (TLH) and
the little RedHead <GGG>. The weather was in the high
60's with blue skies and white clouds which was quite a change from
yesterday when they were listening to Tornado warning
sirens and the possibility of golf ball sized hail. Both cars looked
great and ran very well (ALMOST)...............Dan bettered his
track time from last year and cut nearly a second off his old time as
He ran 1:12 minutes which is tops in his class. Rick is attending to
have fun but also to obtain his SCCA solo driver certification. He
will accomplish this. I will leave the mechanical problem that Rick
experienced to his telling rather than spoil his tale of woe. First
an oil fitting geyser, then eating fan belts and now this..........If
you didn't know better you would think he was a CHARTER member of BBRT <GGG>
This track would make a great venue for a SECC speed event if the
price is right. Good luck to the Racing Duo tomorrow as they
will get to run a SCCA sponsored speed event.

Chuck Armer

CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member