<VV> Time Trials Report

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Apr 13 20:07:03 EDT 2008

Talladega GP Raceway Report, Sunday April 13, 2008

	The day began with cold temps (34!) and a clear bright sky, no rain! As the day progressed it began to cloud up some but it was mostly sunny with a high of 61 degrees and very windy as it has been all weekend. The good news is it again made good weather for air cooled engines and guys wearing driving suits!

After a short driver’s meeting the timed runs began. Dan and I were in the D run group, called pods here. That was good for us as the track would be warmer and some rubber would be laid down. I don’t know exactly how many participants were there but today was primarily the official SCCA Time Trial event. The only part that concerned the Time Trial School was the instructors signing off on our paper work. Of course, the main reason I am here was to get my TT license, which I did. All I need to do now is send the SCCA folks some money and my signed paper work, and then they will issue an official license.

Dan ran one timed run in which he beat his fastest time. He decided that was enough for the weekend and packed up for home. We stayed and I ran one more timed run which was my fastest for the weekend so I was improving and getting faster but I think the engine has some issues which will be addressed.
I’m a happy camper having accomplished my main goal and getting some seat time at a new track, plus I met a great bunch of new car guy friends! It don’t get no better’n this!

We’ll be on the road for home at oh dark thirty tomorrow morning.

--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com