<VV> wiring harness getting hot

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 20:47:08 EDT 2008

I agree, it is the resistance wire doing its job. To confirm, take off
distributor cap and turn engine (ignition OFF) until points are open.
Now turn on ignition and wait to see if the heating does not reocur.

Frank DuVal

PS, this is why we were told never to leave a car in the ON position
without the engine running. The points will turn blue from the current
flowing through them. You youngins that grew up with electronic
ignitions never heard these tales!