<VV> Float Helper Spring Used with Ball Inlet Valve?

Mark Edmonds ctmle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 14 06:34:07 EDT 2008

I would not run them without the springs.  When I first got my car going I
did not know anything about those springs and did not have them.  For most
normal driving it ran OK, but sometimes stumbled on a rough road or taking a
corner hard.  On the autocross course it flooded so badly it would not stay
running - even after I rotated the carbs.  Finally when I learned about the
springs I put them on and it fixed the problem.  I later put ball inlet
valves in the carbs but I do not think that has anything to do with the need
for the springs. (my opinion)
Mark Edmonds