<VV> The Fiat Seinfeld wrecked--No Corvair

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 07:14:57 EDT 2008

Seinfeld rolled a "Classic" '67 500? I'll have to call my friend who had a 500 in college and ask him if he thinks his would be a classic. He bought his from an uncle for $50. It would blow the head gasket if it reached 55 mph. That didn't happen often!
We fixed various things so many times that I started carrying a tow rope in my car for rescue operations. I finally got a spare 500 at the police auction, for $2.50! That car started and ran better that the $50 one. It did have more rust than the first car so we swapped engines into the original car. My friend got rid of the car when I was in the service. He did not learn his lesson about Fiats and bought a sport model later. His experience with Fiats had us kidding for years afterwards that Fiat engineers thought the laws of physics were different in Italy!
Ed