<VV> Battery - questionable answer

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 16:35:47 EDT 2008

In a message dated 4/15/2008 12:14:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mholifield at sbcglobal.net writes:

I have  in my posession a Delco 557A battery, never been unsealed or
acidified.   I suspect that the warranty is now null and void since I bought it in
October  1990.

Would the long storage affect it, or can I  now acidify it and use it?

Mike  Holifield

You would use it as something to sell on Ebay or through VV to a concours
guy who will likely pay you enough to buy stuff that you can really use. He or
she can probably unseal it, add acid and get a useful life out of it -
powering a show car that lives in a trailer or tightly sealed garage. Unless you
possess one of these trailer queens, why waste a nice NOS piece on a street car?
 Okay, batteries haven't come far enough to make the all-electric car
practical,  but a new plastic box battery in the correct size can probably supply you
with  more CCA and, perhaps, if bought correctly, a long and happy "working"
life. -  Seth Emerson

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)