<VV> Flexplate on PG

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 18 10:13:53 EDT 2008

Sweet.  Congrats.  We're glad to help.

You'll love driving your vert around.  I love my 65 vert, even suffering through 45 degree weather with the top down this morning in SC so I can enjoy the 80 degree ride home.  (Just too lazy to put the top up/down everyday)

I'm just jealous that mine'sa 65, and not a 69! <gg>Barry in SCPS Got 1/2 way through fixing my pulled head stud last night.  It was nice being able to work on a vair engine for a few minutes.> Subject: <VV> Flexplate on PG> > Yesterday afternoon I took the forward engine shroud off and gained access to the "hole" in the bell housing topside, and a low and behold! Sure as stuff, there was the first of three bolts, completely loose. I turned the balancer by hand with a wrench and rotated to the next one, bingo!, another one loose, and turning to the third one, not as bad but loose as all heck.> So I snugly tightened them all down, and presto the noise is gone, the clattering is gone now. Now it just doesn't want to start. LOL. So I am troubleshooting, yet another problem. (see my next posting about electronic fuel pumps)> Thank you again everyone (again) for all the tidbits and advice. I am doing all that I can to get this 69 convertible on the road again. This "youngin" is enjoying every minute of this!