<VV> Drag Race

Bill Kronen billpat at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 20 10:52:04 EDT 2008

Hey Guys,
Our local, very mixed car club, is sponsoring a 100 Foot ShootOut on the
Fathers Day weekend in June.  If you're not familiar with this, it's a
side by side, timed event thats all of 100' from start to finish.
Everyone gets test and tune time as well as a number of timed runs from
which the winner emerges. They'll get upwards of a hundred entrys of all
types and sizes including some big muscle trucks. Lots of smoke, noise
and excitement for all of 2-3 seconds.  I'm getting some good natured
pressure to enter my '66 Monza Coupe, 140/PG to compete in its size
class.   My question is that if I do this, how much and what kind of
damage my occur by reving this car to high RPM's and dropping it into
Drive or Low.  I've been reluctant to stress it anymore than usual so
far....but this could be fun.  Any comments appreciated.
Bill Kronen