<VV> Drag Race

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 20 17:14:18 EDT 2008

My opinion is that power braking is a lot easier on the drivetrain than
dropping the PG into gear at high revs.  At our "Autocross in the field"
we hold every year, all the PG cars do it. The trick is to only hold the
throttle to the floor for the shortest amount of time so the fluid does
not overheat. If you hold it to the floor for a minute, things can char.

Even my daughter learned the technique in a few minutes when she got her
driving permit and a loaner car at the event.

"Stop in the start box, place lever in L, put left foot firmly on brake,
put right foot on floor, release left foot at flag drop, steer."

YMMV

If you break it, I never said anything. This message will self destruct
at the delete key.....

Frank DuVal