<VV> Rims

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Apr 20 19:16:39 EDT 2008

If you want to continue to run 13" tires and there aren't any more low cost
tires available, it would seem that there are a few options.

1) Just step up for Coker, Lucas, Universal reproductions when you need
tires. (13" will likely be available forever, just at higher prices).

2) Buy a couple of sets now and bag them for later use.

3) Install 14" rims and fabricate adapter rings to carry the 13" stock
hubcaps. I did something like this for a '58 Cadillac and Jay Eitel did
exactly this in order to run stock hubcaps on 14" rims on the V12 "Jaguvair"

Option #2 probably makes the most sense, a $200 investment precludes a $600
expense later.  With the cost of money at say, 15%, if you use the set in
less than 13 years, you are money ahead. If you have the money already and
you are earning CD rates (4%), the $200 would earn $96.50 in ten years, so
if you use the tires within your lifetime (assuming that you are my age),
you're still ahead of the game.

See, lots of options!
Craig Nicol

Checked by AVG.