<VV> tires, was: Rims

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 21 11:08:55 EDT 2008

George,

As I just posted to another guy, it's the STOCK (standard) wheel cover that loses out. And I really DO like their looks, especially the '66 Corsa cover, which I consider as one of the most beautiful stock covers to ever grace a Corvair.  I'd rather have them than wires on my Corsa any day. And certainly they're better looking than those hideous mag caps (which only look good on certain cars, and to certain beerholders. LOL)

And as far as larger rims go, I think 15's are pushing the limit. Anything larger simply looks gross on a Corvair. The car simply wasn't styled with HUMONGOUS wheels in mind. I hate when car styling is overpowered by the wheels. It's why cars today are so bland. They've got nothing but grossly oversized wheels going for them. On the Corvair, it's the CAR not the wheels, that are the styling focal point. Or should be.

-Mark